|© Matt Christensen Photography|
Got to be honest...never really wanted a BIO. I am fine living my life "behind the lens" but this does give you, the viewer, a chance to get to know me (also see my blog that I know will lack in updates).
To keep it short, wedding photography is my passion and has been full time for nearly 5 years now. I have a few hundred weddings under my belt. I know that is over-stated in our industry, but let's be honest... I love my job. I work with people all over the nation during the happiest time of their lives. My ultimate hoal is to document emotion so that later you can re'live it once again.
Couple of truths about my business:
*Yes, I like to have fun and tend to shoot very relaxed. I wear flip-flops and shorts to all non-formal events (eg engagements and bridals)/ I would never dare to wear such an outfit (or lack there of) at a wedding, etc.
* I work around the needs of my clients rather than them having to work around me. I choose not to be the average grumpy photographer: someone who hates their job, shows up late, leaves early, over promises and under delivers.
* My own clients tell me to raise my prices. "You're too cheap." Heard it a few times.
*I am friends with 98% of my competitors and refer mny of them when we are all booked up. There are a lot of amazing photographers in Utah so choose wisely. I'll be happy to tell you my favorites.
*I am not a member of any of the Professional Photgrapher Associations. Why? Nothing against them. In fact, most of my closest colleagues try to convert me from my own stubbornness (thanks Barr, Adilfa, Montague). It's just not my thing.
* I have never entered a photo contest with any wedding photos of any kind. I shoot for my clients, not for additional compensation.
* I love to invite clients to a round of Golf, BBQ, or just to hang out after all is said and done. Some of my best friends started as clients. Thanks Melissa and Rob, Summer and Jeff, Alyse and Aaron, the list goes on.
* Over 50% of our clients come from referral.
Bottom line is you need to find a photographer in which you can relate and communicat with before, during and after your wedding. Photographs with out good communication is a disaster waiting to happen.
Be smart and adjust your budget to accommodate items that will last after the day of your wedding.
Come hang out with us over at Matt Christensen Photography and see if we can be of any help. Weddings are not an easy task to plan, so let the professionals help!