- Understanding the physics of light— its quality, quantity, color, temperature, and additive nature
- How softboxes work to modify the light
- The different sizes, shapes, and types of softboxes available, and the advantage of each
- Techniques for using softboxes to produce portraits, fashion images, glamour shots, product shots, and interior architectural images
- Modifying the effect of softbox lighting with scrims, louvers, masks, and more
- Combining light sources for the ultimate in control
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stephen A. Dantzig, PsyD is an award winning photographer who is a former Vice President of the Professional Photographers of Los Angeles County and former editor of PPLAC's monthly publication Reflector. Stephen is the author of numerous articles and lessons on photographic lighting and ethics. His work has appeared in Rangefinder, Studio Photography and Design, Professional Photographer, ProPhoto West, This Week Magazine (Hawaii), Pleasant Hawaii Magazine, Doll Reader, Metropolitan Home, Studio City Lifestyles Magazine, Santa Clarita Valley Living, the Portrait Photographer's Handbook, and the Los Angeles Times. He is a frequent contributor to the Photoflex Web Photo School. Stephen holds a Doctor of Psychology degree from the Rutgers University Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology and also works with school children with severe physical and cognitive disabilities.