The Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver is an ideal tool for photographers on the move.
For simple and accurate recording of time and location information, Canon's compact GPS Receiver GP-E2 is the perfect complement to the EOS System. The GP-E2 records location information such as longitude, latitude, elevation, direction and Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) as EXIF data, while also serving as an electronic compass on camera or off. Versatile connectivity options include USB and hot shoe connections with the EOS 5D Mark III and the EOS-1D X (USB connection only with the EOS 7D); smart design and rugged construction ensures reliability plus the ability to be used as a standalone GPS recorder.
1D X, 5D Mark III *, 7D **
*The EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 7D require a firmware upgrade to be compatible with the GPS Receiver GP-E2, which will be available soon.
**When the EOS 7D is used with the GP-E2 the following restrictions will apply: a) geotagging function will not work for movies while recording; b) geotagging features will not work for movies when using the Map Utility; c) electronic compass information and automatic time setting is not available; d) transmission via the hot shoe is not possible.
- Rugged and lightweight design
- Records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation, direction, and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information to images when shooting
- Can act as a standalone GPS logger
- On-board electronic compass
- Camera time can be synched by the built-in atomic clock
- Uses a conveniently replaceable AA battery as its power source so no energy is drawn from the camera's battery
- Hot shoe or USB terminal connectivity
*The GP-E2 offers the same level of dust- and weather- resistance as the EOS 5D Mark III when connected to the camera's hot shoe. Dust- and weather-resistance decreases when it is connected to the camera via the USB cable.