Expand your lens versatility with Metabones adapters! Adding a lightweight Sony mirrorless camera to your equipment lineup doesn't have to equate to an expensive transition. Adapt your Canon EF-mount lenses to any Sony E-mount body to achieve beautiful still imaging.
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Additional SmartAdapter Features:
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.
Compatible Sony Bodies
- A7S (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens) - Smart Adapter with firmware V0.32 or later
- A7R (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)
- A7 (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)
- PXW-FS7(autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode) - Smart Adapter with firmware V0.40 or later
- NEX-FS700 (autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode)
- NEX-FS100 (autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode)
- NEX-VG900 (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)
The following lenses have been tested for autofocus operation. Minimum firmware version required shown in parenthesis. Assured positive feedback of lens compatibility with this product is displayed in bold.
Manual Focus Only
The following lenses have been tested with previous firmware versions with manual focus, aperture control, image stabilization (if applicable) and EXIF support. Autofocus is supported only for those lenses marked with an asterisk (*) on NEX-5R/6
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.