- Large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 7-blade circular aperture creates beautiful defocussed bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design ideal for full-frame E-mount cameras
- Aspherical element controls spherical aberration and coma
- Double-gauss configuration suppresses field curvature & distortion
- Metal mount adds solid durability as well as a sophisticated feel
- Fast DC motor focus actuator system drives all lens groups
The F1.8 maximum aperture opens up a world of beautiful prime-lens bokeh. The large F1.8 maximum aperture is also an advantage when shooting night scenes or in dimly lit interiors. When used with an α series camera body that features in-body image stabilization, even greater low-light capability enables handheld capture of clear images in dark scenes without having to use excessively high ISO sensitivity.
7-blade circular aperture
The 7-blade circular aperture maximizes the beauty of large-aperture prime-lens, contributing to impressive images in which the subject stands out against a smoothly defocused background bokeh.
Refined optical performance
The lens has an innovative optical design to achieve clear, high-quality images by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. A double-gauss configuration effectively suppresses field curvature and distortion, while a precisely placed aspherical element controls spherical aberration and coma for excellent optical characteristics right out to the image periphery. An aspherical element in a new optical design controls all types of aberration (spherical, coma, distortion), rendering the subject with superior sharpness.
Designed for reliability in a wide range of environments, the metal mount adds a sophisticated feel as well as solid durability.
Fast, agile focusing
Fast and accurate autofocus is achieved with a newly developed DC motor focus actuator system which drives all lens groups for optimum focus precision and speed as well as quiet operation.