- 30.4 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- ISO 100–32,000 (expandable to 50–102,400)
- Up to 7.0 fps of continuous shooting
- 3.2" Touch Panel LCD
The EOS 5D Mark IV delivers a superior brilliance and power, that all wedding, portrait, landscape, and nature photographers appreciate. With Canon's all-new 30.4 megapixel full frame sensor, superb image quality is achieved. Highly-detailed 4K video is captured with ease. With improved focus accuracy with a refined 61-point AF system and Canon's revolutionary Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth AF for both Live View and Video shooting. Fast operation is enhanced with Canon's DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, which provides continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps*. Built-in Wi-Fi®**, GPS*** and an easy-to-navigate touch-panel LCD allow the camera to become an extension of you. When quality matters, the EOS 5D Mark IV helps deliver results to inspire even the most discerning imagemaker.
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting
- LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance - up tp 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during shooting JPEG and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
|Camera Format||Full Frame|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Image Sensor Type||CMOS|
|Image Sensor Size||36 x 24 mm|
|Maximum Resolution||6720 x 4480|
|ISO Sensitivity||100 to 32000|
|Extended ISO Sensitivity||50 to 102400|
|File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Types||Slot 1: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I) |
Slot 2: Compact Flash (UDMA 7)
|Focus Type||Dual Pixel Autofocus and Manual Focus|
|Focus Modes||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 61 (41 Cross-Type)|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +18 EV|
|Shutter Speed||1/8000 to 30 Seconds |
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 7 fps at 30 MP for 21 Frames (Raw)|
|Self Timer||2/10-Second Delay|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/200 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|File Format||MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Video Quality and Frame Rates||M-JPEG 4:2:2 8-Bit |
DCI 4K 4096 x 2160: 29.97p/24p/23.976p [500 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 59.94p [180 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 29.97p/24p/23.976p [90 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 59.94p[60 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 29.97p/24.00p/23.976p[30 Mb/s]
HD 1280 x 720: 119.88p [160 Mb/s]
Full HD: 1920 x 1080: 59.94p [60 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 29.97p/24.00p/23.976p [30 Mb/s]
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 29.97p [12 Mb/s]
|Max Recording Time||29 mins. 59 secs.|
|Monitor and Viewfinder|
|Monitor Type||Fixed Touchscreen LCD|
|Monitor Resolution||1,620,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (Pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Interface||3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, Canon N3, HDMI C (Mini), USB Micro-B (USB 3.0)|
|Battery||LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|Battery Life||Up to 900 Shots|
|Battery Charger||LC-E6 Battery Charger|
|AC Adapter||AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.9 x 4.6 x 3" / 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9 mm|
|Weight||1.76 lb / 800 g (Body Only)|
|Operating Environment||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C |
Operating Humidity: 0 to 85%