- All-new optical design with significant improvements in peripheral brightness.
- High-performance standard zoom lens with constant f/4L aperture and a broad angle of view covering from wide angle to mid-telephoto.
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
- Image Stabilizer performance at up to 4 stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular Aperture (10 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Highly resistant to dust and water for excellent durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
For incredible versatility, the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM has been redesigned to deliver superb L-series optical performance that pairs smoothly with the high-resolution, full-frame sensors of SLR cameras. Featuring a zoom range of 24-105mm and a constant f/4 aperture, the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is ideal for landscapes, portraits, sports and more, offering effective all-day performance for advanced photography and videography. It helps reduce ghosting and flare, and has improved peripheral brightness as well as a 10-blade circular aperture that helps deliver sharp, evenly illuminated images with gorgeous background blur. It even has an improved IS system for better handheld performance, especially in challenging light. From wide-angle to mid-telephoto and everywhere in-between, the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is a durable, compact performer you can count on for excellent performance and gorgeous results in more places, more often.
All-new optical design with improvements in peripheral brightness.
The EF 24–105mm f4/L IS II USM’s new optical composition includes 17 elements in 12 groups, including 4 glass-molded (GMo) aspherical lenses on 5 surfaces for excellent overall resolving power. These improvements help increase peripheral brightness for better edge-to-edge results with reduced distortions, delivering still photos and video of great clarity and resolution.
Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
The EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM features Air Sphere Coatings (ASC) on its lens elements to help combat flare, ghosting and reflections, and deliver clean images with reduced aberrations from reflected light. Designed to significantly reduce distortions, this technology puts an ultra-low refractive layer on the lens element. This layer works with the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM’s overall optical formula to help deliver a clean image to the camera’s sensor, which can decrease the need for post-production.
Image Stabilizer performance at up to 4 stops* of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
For consistently sharper results, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM features an improved Image Stabilizer system that provides significantly enhanced shake reduction for up to 4 stops* of shutter speeds. This means more reliable handheld performance and clearer detail in low-light situations or at lower ISOs. Because of its enhanced stabilization, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM can also minimize the need for a tripod.
Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
Befitting an L-series lens, the EF 24–105mm f/4L IS II USM is built to endure photography and moviemaking in even the harshest conditions. It features a dust- and water-resistant construction on the switch panel, the zoom and focus rings, and on the lens mount, helping to prevent dust and moisture from interfering with operation.