57 South 600 East,
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Imagine that you show up at a home to photograph a large family. They lead you to the only room big enough. You look around frantically as you realize that there aren’t any windows that will help! What do you do?!
You’ll be able to photograph families and newborns during the day or night. You’ll learn how to see indoor light in a whole new light! You’ll know how to use the available light and what to avoid. You’ll understand how to make beautiful light out of nothing.
If you are blessed with a window, you’ll learn how to create six styles of light from that single window.
After attending this workshop, you’ll have confidence as you walk into any home or business because you’ll know how to beautify any location.
- 3:00-4:30 Understanding four basic principles of light.
- The size of light determines softness.
- The direction of light tells the story.
- Understanding light drop-off is understanding light.
- You must see that every light has its color.
- 4:30-5:30 How to create any type of light with a window.
- Short-loop and Rembrandt light.
- Profile and silhouette light.
- Butterfly and ring light.
- 5:30-6:00 The dangers and pitfalls of ambient light.
- The challenge of multiple light sources.
- How to keep indoor lights from being harsh and ugly.
- 6:00-7:00 Becoming the MacGyver of impossible light
- Creating magical light by noticing light differences.
- Understanding the value of highlights and shadows.
- Minimizing the harshness of harsh lights.