57 South 600 East,
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Perfectly Authentic Posing
For photographers posing has always been one of the biggest challenges. How many times have you been attempting to pose someone and you freeze and can’t think of anything?
How many times have you used a tried-and-true pose with someone new and they look completely unnatural? Have you ever rushed and taken the pose, knowing that the person looks bad - you just don’t want to look dumb? We’ve all been there.
In this workshop, we’ll teach you a completely different way of posing. Our method of posing allows you to invent an infinite number of poses by using the skills that all humans already have! You’ll learn the language of posing rather than trying to memorize specific poses. Never again will you struggle to make someone look natural and beautiful.
- 3:00-3:15 The magic of movie posters.
- 3:15-3:30 Understanding the value of adjectives.
- How do you discern adjectives in humans?
- Adjectives drive posing: confident, shy, athletic, proper, sassy, arrogant, flirty, etc.
- 3:30-5:30 How does the body communicate?
- Start with feet and legs. The subconscious is driving these so they are the most truthful.
- Shakira was right about hips…they don’t lie.
- Good posture isn’t always good.
- Shoulders, head and eyes are the trifecta of posing.
- 5:30-6:30 Posing hands naturally.
- What do hands naturally do: REST, HOLD, DO and CONNECT.
- Stop posing hands abnormally! What exactly makes normal hands look abnormal?