The FUJIFILM X100F is the latest premium compact digital camera to join the X Series family. It is the ultimate in premium compact digital camera, equipped with the Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder of enhanced convenience. While maintaining the elegant design and a popular 23mm F2 focal length, the new camera has been developed in pursuit of easy operability, addressing the requests of users of previous X Series models.
New features in the FUJIFILM X100F include the Built-In ISO Dial, incorporated into the Shutter Speed Dial reminiscent of film cameras of yesteryear, the focus lever, which allows you to instantaneously move the focus area without having to take your eye off the viewfinder, and the “C” position for enabling ±5 stop exposure compensation. Most of the operation-related buttons and dials are concentrated on the right-hand side to allow quick change of settings while firmly holding the camera.
The Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder combines the features of an optical viewfinder (OVF) and electronic viewfinder (EVF). Operate the viewfinder switch lever at the front of the camera body to instantly switch between OVF and EVF. You can also apply the electronic display which shows a focus area over the OVF screen to take advantage of Focus Peaking and Digital Split Image functions even in the OVF mode for accurate focusing in real time.
Electronic Viewfinder EVF
Optical Viewfinder (OVF)
The FUJIFILM X100F's lens has a built-in ND filter, which is useful when shooting with the aperture wide open in bright light, or when opting to use a slow shutter speed. The three-stop ND filter, which cuts down the amount of light to 1/8, can be activated easily with the function button or from the camera menu.
ND Filter OFF
ND Filter ON
- 24.3MP X-Trans™ CMOS III, an APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter
- X-Processor Pro high-speed image processing engine
- Enhanced response performance and improved AF performance from previous X100 models, with six AF modes to be selected
- The number of focusing points has been expanded from 49 in previous models to 91 (up to 325 points). Approx. 40% of the imaging area (center area containing 49 focusing points) is covered with phase detection AF pixels to form a fast and precise phase detection AF area that can be used in a variety of scenes.
- Evolution of the Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder
- You can now change the magnification of the electronic rangefinder, shown in a small window as EVF at the bottom right corner of the optical viewfinder, for acute accuracy. The Real Time Parallax Correction function is applied to the focus area in addition to the guide frame to enable assured framing and focusing in the Manual Focus mode.
- Intuitive and practical operability
- New features in the X100F include the Built-In ISO Dial, incorporated into the Shutter Speed Dial, the Focus Lever, and the “C” position for enabling ±5 stop exposure compensation. Most of the buttons and dials are concentrated on the right-hand side to enable single-handed operation.
- Digital Teleconverter
- Activate the Digital Teleconverter to achieve an angle of view equivalent to 50mm or 70mm in addition to the built-in 35mm perspective. This function is perfect for discreetly getting a little closer or to accentuate certain features in your frame. Using the EVF or LCD to check your image in real time allows you to maintain full concentration on your subject matter while shooting.
- Reviews (2)
Losing Faith in Fuji
I have been shooting Fuji since the first X100 was released. Call me a fan boy, but over that time I have experienced and accepted more quality control issues than any paying customer should. The X100F was one of those times, and quite possibly the last if I choose to jump off the Fuji ship. The camera was plagued with sensor dust and the rear lcd screen looked like it was glued on with rubber cement. It took one test shot for me to put the camera back in the box and return it. This after I return two 90mm lenses with internal dust. Fuji better get their quality control act together or they’ll be loosing more than me as a customer. Priceline was great with respect to the return. I will be doing more business with them in the future, just probably not Fuji.
Quick and Professional
Item was in stock as advertised, shipped that day. Free shipping was great and it was delivered on time and as expected. Would gladly do business with them again.