4528 W. 1700 S.
Syracuse, UT 84075
Pictureline is very excited to partner with Antelope Island State Park for a nighttime photography workshop! Antelope Island is known to be one of the best locations for capturing truly amazing sunset and star photos. At this workshop, you'll have the opportunity to learn everything you need to know to capture high-quality, crystal-clear, and amazing night sky pictures! Entrance fee to the park is included in the price, and you are welcome to enter the park before the workshop begins. Please present proof of purchase at the entrance gate.
- 7:00 PM - Meet at Antelope Island Visitors Center where Duke Johnson, Education and Exhibits Manager of the Clark Planetarium, will begin by giving a quick presentation on capturing the best possible night-sky photos. Duke is an award-winning astrophotographer and will be one of three instructors at the workshop. After Duke's lesson, we will head out to Ladyfinger Point (short walk from the visitors center), to begin shooting the beautiful star-filled sky! At 10:00pm your instructors will leave, but you are welcome to continue shooting for as long as you'd like.
This is a workshop every adventure enthusiast, and landscape photographer will not want to miss! With talented, seasoned photographers as your instructors such as, Chase Smith, Logan Davidson, and Duke Johnson no questions will go unanswered. You are sure to leave not only with new-found knowledge and skill, but also with amazing photos!
EQUIPMENT TO BRING:
- Camera w/ Memory Card & Full Battery
- Warm Clothes (coat, thermals, gloves, etc.)
- Spare Batteries & Spare Memory Cards
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Lens Hoods
- Remote Shutter Release (or Intervalometer)
- Smartphone (timer, map, flashlight, Skyguide App or similar)
- Fill Lighting
- Colored Lighting (Gels or Glow Sticks)
Refreshments will be served! Price of admission is for one person, but we encourage you to bring a friend or significant other! Availability is limited so don't hesitate to sign up now.
Please don't forget to present proof of purchase at the entrance gate.