- Professional quality LEICA DG ELMARIT optics
- Power Optical Image Stabilizer
- Triple linear motor system
- Rugged, dust/splash-proof design
The Panasonic LUMIX LEICA DG lens is the kind of lens you have been looking for, and the lens you have always wanted. LEICA has become the watchword for quality optics among professional photographers. Panasonic LUMIX DG LEICA lenses are developed exclusively for the LUMIX G Series mirrorless Micro Four Thirds cameras and incorporate state-of-the-art optical and mechanical components. The aim of Panasonic's development of LEICA DG lenses is to let you capture your unique vision of the world. With its 200mm *1 ultra telephoto focal length and stunning descriptive performance, the LEICA DG ELMARIT 200mm / F2.8 / POWER O.I.S. is suitable for wildlife or sports photography. The 1.4x Teleconverter (DMW-TC14) is included to extend the focusing distance to 280mm (560mm 35mm camera equivalent *1) for more close-up shots.
- Professional high-quality LEICA DG ELMARIT optics. (15 Elements in 13 Groups, [2 UED Elements]).
- 200mm large diameter ultra-telephoto lens F2.8 (77mm lens filter threads) suitable for wildlife photography. Magnification extends to 280mm *1 with included 1.4X Teleconverter DMW-TC14.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) effectively compensates for the hand-shake movement in combination with LUMIX cameras supporting Dual I.S. and Dual I.S. 2.0 in-camera stabilization.
- Triple linear motor system and max. 240 fps sensor drive for high-speed autofocusing.
- Rugged, dust/splash-proof design and are even freeze-proof down to -14F to withstand professional use under harsh conditions.
LEICA DG Lens – Ultimate Optics
LEICA DG Lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras provides the ultimate in optical quality and performance. They naturally meet the strict quality standards set by Leica Camera AG. Enjoy brilliant clarity all the way to the edges, and at the same time, distortions of all kinds are prevented to assure precise, sharp picture rendering.
H-ES200 Lens Construction
- 15 elements in 13 groups:
- – 2 Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion
- Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion (UED) lenses correct chromatic aberration rendering sharp, high-contrast images with clear colors from corner to corner.
H-ES200 MTF Chart
For lenses that are capable of compensating distortion, the horizontal axis of the MTF shows the distance from the center of the corrected image.
Nano Surface Coating
End unwanted ghosting and flaring with Panasonic’s Nano Surface Coating. This special, ultra-thin coating reduces bothersome reflections across the entire light spectrum.
POWER O.I.S. – ultra-sharp photos
Optical image stabilization (O.I.S.) technology ensures photos will look great, with sharp blur-free contours across the entire picture. LUMIX MEGA O.I.S. compensates for large camera shake and vibrations that may occur. Capture true-to-life scenes without the need for a tripod.
This lens features a splash/dust/freezeproof construction* that is tough enough to withstand even heavy field use. It protects the lens system inside from sand, rain and more, making it perfect for shooting under harsh conditions.
*The lens supports this feature in conjunction with splash/dust/freezeproof LUMIX cameras. Splash Proof is a term used to describe an extra level of protection this lens offers against exposure to a minimal amount of moisture, water or dust. Splash Proof does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with water.
Video Support – perfect video-recording
Video support provides smooth aperture changes, so there are no sudden jumps in exposure, and a silent design improves audio recording. Impressive AF performance makes it an excellent choice for 4K video, where precise focusing is essential.
|Lens Format||Micro 4/3|
|Lens Mount||Micro 4/3|
|Image Stabilization||Yes, O.I.S|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.77' / 1.15 m|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||0.2x|
|Lens Construction||15 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View||6.2°|
|Dimensions (Ø x L)||3.44 x 6.85" / 87.5 x 174 mm|
|Weight||43.92 oz / 1245 g|