The SmallHD Sidefinder 502 is a fully featured HD viewfinder with a 5-inch flip-out 1080p display. It’s the clever union between the SmallHD 500 Series field monitor and a compact, patent-pending viewfinder accessory. Both SDI & HDMI input and output are supported. The Sidefinder gives shooters all the benefits of using a field monitor AND an EVF, without compromising speed, agility, or quality of the image. The Sidefinder represents the highest resolution EVF and the highest resolution 5-inch on-camera monitor in one device. It's a mere 7.4 oz light and is able to reproduce 100% Rec 709 color. The built-in joystick makes navigation of the configuration system simple.
Batteries/AC Power Adapter NOT Included.
High resolution 3D LUTs
Apply a 3D LUT to your shot and see what it will look like after the color grading process. Share it with others on set using the flip-out 1080p display.
Load 3D LUTs of any format and any cube size via the SD card slot and intuitive user interface. The Sidefinder's implementation of 3D LUTs is best-in-class, automatically converting all 3D LUTs to a high-resolution 17-point cube before hitting the display.
Pages of custom work environments
Substitute traditional function buttons with Pages—the fastest, most convenient way to access your tools. The Sidefinder's use of Pages gives you complete control to organize toolsets exactly how you want them, and access them without taking your eyes off of the image. Pages allows for 8 simultaneous presets, including focus aids, exposure aids, camera metadata, and 3D LUTs to see new opportunities for shots on the fly.
- See the details of your image in High Definition through the viewfinder or the monitor
- With higher sharpness and resolution than iPhone 6, your image remains crisp under magnification
- A quick adjustable diopter gives you the range of focus needed to clearly see through the eyepiece (-2 to +4)
- Instantly zoom-in to your image and check critical focus with 2x and 4x magnification via Joystick Zoom.
- Customizable focus assist and peaking add even more assurance that your shot is in focus.