Zeiss Batis 40mm f2.0 CF for Sony E-Mount
The Zeiss Batis 40mm f2.0 CF for Sony E-Mount offers a unique short-normal focal length with a close-focusing design and advanced optical layout. The Distagon design uses a series of anomalous and aspherical partial dispersion elements to greatly reduce distortion, color fringing, and other aberrations to create sharp, clear, and color-accurate images. Coupled with the floating element system, the Close Focusing designation is also engaged for consistent performance when working with a variety of distance fields of subjects. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to reduce ghosting and flare when working in difficult lighting conditions.
With their use of an OLED display on the lens barrel, Batis-series lenses are distinguished by their innovation which highlights the focus distance and depth of field range in order to quickly recognizing your focusing parameters. Linear motors are used to deliver a quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance for both stills and video, this autofocus lens is able to properly deliver beyond other lenses. Additionally, the lens body is protected by a dust- and moisture-sealed design to protect against unwanted elements.
-E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
-Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
-Distagon Optical Design
-Three Aspherical Elements
-Four Low Dispersion Glass Elements
-Floating Elements System
-ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
-OLED Display for Focus Distance and DoF
-Linear Autofocus Motor
-Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Short normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 60mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, this CF (Close Focusing) lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4", the minimum working distance of 5.5", and a maximum magnification of 1:3.3.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- Two aspherical elements, three elements made from anomalous partial dispersion glass, and one aspherical element also made from low dispersion glass are featured, and all contribute to significantly reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations, color fringing, and distortion for improved clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- The floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the working focus distance as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
Focal Length: 40mm
Maximum Aperture: f/2
Minimum Aperture: f/22
Lens Mount: Sony E
Format Compatibility: Full-Frame
Angle of View: 56°
Maximum Magnification: 0.3x
Minimum Focus Distance: 9.45" / 24 cm
Optical Design: 9 Elements in 8 Groups
Focus Type: Autofocus
Image Stabilization: None
Filter Size: 67 mm (Front)
Dimensions: (ø x L) 3.58 x 3.66" / 91 x 93 mm
Weight: 12.7 oz / 361 g