Open Box Items
Open box items are items that have been opened, tested, or otherwise lightly used in some fashion, and therefore can not be sold as "new" cameras. pictureline takes extreme care to insure that any items which are sold as open box items are complete, fully functional, and in as-new condition; in some cases an untrained eye would not recognize that the product has ever been out of the box.
Reasons that an item may be classified as an open box include:
- Customer ordered the wrong product, but did not realize it until after having opened it
- Customer changed their mind
- Item ordered was incompatible with other hardware (ex. lens not compatible with camera)
- Packaging damaged in some way
- Item was on display at the pictureline retail store
Open box items will be discounted from the original retail price, but will still come with a full manufacturer warranty.