The CamRanger mini is a stand-alone device that connects to select Canon or Nikon DLSR cameras with a USB cable and enables wireless tethering. It creates its own WiFi network that your smartphone or tablet can connect to. The free CamRanger app then enables control of the camera. There is no need for an existing Internet connection or other equipment.
The built-in lithium ion battery lasts about 3-4 hours. The battery is charged through the USB micro port. The WiFi range is over 400 ft / 120m, though the range depends greatly on the exact location and scenario. The CamRanger Mini works with most Nikon and Canon DSLRs. The included case can be used for storage and to attach to the camera or tripod. Find more information in the Knowledge Base.
The CamRanger Mini app is available for iOS and Android as a free download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Both the Android and iOS apps have been completely revamped from the original CamRanger app.
- Wirelessly stream live view from the camera to the device
- Double tap to increase magnification
- Single tap to focus on an area or fine tune with incremental focus adjustments
- Wirelessly capture images or trigger from the camera
- Thumbnails automatically appear on the top of the screen after taking a picture
- Tap a thumbnail to view the image
- Configure images to automatically display on the device
- Images are always saved to the camera card and optionally can be saved to the device
- Pinch zoom or double tap to view the image at up to 200%
- Supports full screen mode to maximize the screen size
- Use a variety of overlays: grid lines, file name, exif data, histogram
View & Change Camera Settings
- Shutter Speed
- Metering Mode
- Drive/Shooting Mode
- White Balance
- Image Format
- Focus Mode (Nikon only)
- Auto Exposure Mode (Nikon only)
- Exposure Compensation & Bracketing
- Software Auto-Focus toggle to toggle AF/MF
Time-Lapse & Bulb
- Configure as an intervalometer to take time lapse sequences
- Supports bulb mode with typical start-stop control and by using custom defined shutter lengths
- Combine HDR with time lapse
- No need for your device to remain connected after starting
HDR / Advanced Bracketing
Macro & Focusing
View Camera Card Contents
- View thumbnails of the images on your camera’s memory card
- Double tap image to view the full resolution image
- Select images to be permanently deleted or save them to your device
So what's different?
Here are some of the bigger differences between the CamRanger mini and the original CamRanger: