The Canon EF 100mm f2.0 USM Lens is designed for shooting portraits and isolating subject matter. The lens is a short-telephoto prime with slightly compressed perspective to achieve flattering results. The bright f2.0 maximum aperture uses shallow depth of field techniques as well as working well in low-light conditions. Minimizing reflections, lens flare, and ghosting a Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements which achieves high color fidelity and contrast. Delivering full-time manual focus control, and quick and quiet autofocus performance, a ring-type USM is employed.
- Short-telephoto, portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.