The Canon LP-E19 Battery Pack is a Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. It supports the maximum frame rate of 14 frames per second in the Canon 1D X Mark II. At 2700 mAh, this battery has about 10% higher capacity than its predecessor, the LP-E4N battery pack. The LP-E4N is compatible with the 1D X Mark II, but lowers the maximum frame rate to 12 FPS.
• Can be used in previous EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV, and EOS-1D X
• Must be charged with new LC-E19 charger (with red stripe on charger’s top surface). LP-E4n batteries can also be charged on the new LC-E19 charger.
The LP-E19 battery pack continues to provide full battery information within the EOS-1D X Mark II’s set-up menu, displaying the following:
• Type of battery in-use
• Remaining percentage of charge capacity, displayed in 1% increments
• Shutter count since this battery last charged
• Recharge performance — the relative ability of this battery to retain a charge
New levels of shooting performance — speeds to 14 fps, with AI Servo AF — along with 360,000 pixel RGB metering, multiple on-board processors, and so on mean that the EOS-1D X Mark II needs an even more powerful battery than in previous generation EOS-1D cameras. To meet these demands, the EOS-1D X Mark II is launched along with a higher-energy battery, the Canon LP-E19 battery pack.