The FUJIFILM X-E2S has a durable, compact and lightweight body with a Real-Time Viewfinder that offers a large display magnification of 0.62x and an electronic viewfinder with the world's shortest display time lag of 0.005 seconds. It also comes equipped with an AF system that excels at capturing moving subjects. The new FUJIFILM X-E2S model inherits the functionality and rangefinder-style design of the original X-E2, and adds new features including an improved grip, an electronic shutter and a more intuitive GUI to enhance the user experience. A 2.5mm microphone input allows compatibility with an external microphone for improved audio quality with recordings. Full-time continuous focusing is supported while taking video, also, as well as the use of Film Simulation modes.
High-Speed Phase Detection AF
The camera's Intelligent Hybrid AF system combines the excellent autofocus speed of phase detection AF with the strong low light performance of contrast AF. The phase detection pixels in the center of the image sensor deliver autofocusing speeds as short as 0.06 sec*. In addition, Phase Detection AF tracking abilities in dark conditions have been improved.
The grip enhances mobility to match the rangefinder design, delivering a firm hold and quick dial operation even when holding one-handed.
Full HD Movie Recording
Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps with a high bit-rate of 36 Mbps. Frame rates of 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, and 24 fps, are also provided to support motion picture formats across multiple regions. Up to 14 and 27 minutes of video can be recorded in full HD 1080p and 720p respectively.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Wireless connectivity is built into the camera and allows for instant sharing of images when using the Fujifilm Camera Remote App.
16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
A large, 16.3MP, APS-C, CMOS image sensor is integrated into the X-E2S to provide high image quality and detail. For photographing in low-light situations, an ISO sensitivity of up to 51200 is provided.
Other Camera Features
- An in-camera RAW converter lets you record your images in 14-bit RAW and process them prior to computer-based editing procedures. RAW File Converter software is included for RAW image processing on your computer.
- Multiple exposure mode gives you the ability to overlay imagery in-camera.
- Interval timer for shooting time-lapse sequences of one second to 24 hours, up to 999 frames
- Motion panorama mode allows you to record expansive views up to 360°
- Super Intelligent pop-up flash provides supplemental fill lighting when needed