Wake up to the world-famous landscapes of Tuscany. Leave the crowds behind and savor the quiet villages and local specialties and wines. For 20 years Drake has crafted truly authentic experiences in Tuscany for photographers and their partners.
Meet us in Siena, staying two nights in Italy’s loveliest medieval city, then spend 4 nights at our hilltop farmhouse resort in private luxurious apartments. Travel by minivan through the landscapes of Val d’Orcia and Crete Sienese, with free time in Tuscany’s hill towns and the best little villages you’ve never heard of.
We recommend arriving in Florence or Rome. Either city is about 2 hours from Siena by train. If you’re nervous about traveling alone in Italy, we will arrange for an airport pickup. We will suggest photogenic places to visit and some good hotels for your stay
- Ground travel by minivan from Siena , returning to Siena. 6 nights accommodations.
- First night or two in the historic center of Siena, with the best view of the city right off your balcony.
- The remainder of nights in private apartments at Fattoria Pieve a Salti, a working 15th century farmhouse complex, fully remodeled with new A/C, TV, amenities including indoor and outdoor pools, spa, restaurant.
- Luxurious breakfast each day at the farm
- Dinner or lunch each day as we travel
- Wine tasting at famous Tuscan cantinas
- Workshop tuition, including on-screen reviews of your daily work (voluntary) and one-on-one photographic instruction in the field throughout the week
For the full itinerary, more information, and registration click here.