Leica Camera is proud to announce the expansion of the Leica X family with the introduction of the Leica X-U (Typ 113), a rugged compact camera for extreme weather and underwater photography. The Leica X-U combines Leica’s longstanding tradition of sophisticated design, premium materials and unrivaled image quality with a camera that can go nearly anywhere. It is the camera that is ready for any of life’s challenges.
In pouring rain, tropical heat or a blizzard – the extreme ruggedness of the Leica X-U makes it the perfect companion on any outdoor project or journey. As a shockproof, dust and water sealed expedition camera, the Leica X-U defies the elements with confidence and ease. Its minimized and intuitive handling guarantees you ultimate creative freedom and the ability to react in a flash as opportunities arise. The rugged Leica X-U, its extra large sensor and a first-class lens, delivers pin-sharp and breathtakingly brilliant pictures under even the toughest conditions. Adventure photography starts here!
KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES:
- Waterproof up to a depth of 15 meters or 49 feet for 60 minutes
- Dustproof and shockproof
- Exceptional image quality under any weather conditions
- Anti-slip rubber exterior for secure grip and easy handling
- Outstanding build quality, Made in Germany
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Sophisticated design paired with the renowned 35 mm f/1.7 focal length lens, including manual focus ring
- Built-in flash mounted on lens