The Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Nikkor Lens is a high-power 4.3x Telephoto Zoom-Nikkor lens, which approximates the picture angle performance of a 105-450mm lens on 35mm SLR.
The Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Nikkor Lens features the following:
- High-power 4.3x Telephoto Zoom-Nikkor lens approximates the picture angle performance of a 105-450mm lens on 35mm SLR.
- Two Nikon Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements deliver superior optical performance for both digital and 35mm photography. ED glass minimizes chromatic aberrations, contributing to superb contrast and resolution performance.
- Focus as close as 4.9 ft throughout entire zoom range.
- A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet auto focusing, along with quick switching between auto focus and manual operation (M/A and M).
- 67mm filter attachment size.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Non-rotating front element provides for convenient use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System.
- A nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.