- 1.4x Teleconverter Built-In
- S-Line Premium Optics
- Silky Swift VCM AF drive motor
- Meso Amorphous Coat provides anti-reflection performance
Performance to the extreme - 600mm f/4. Built-in 1.4x teleconverter. Totally reimagined for Z series.
The 600mm f/4 prime. A vital lens prized by motor sports, action and wildlife pros for its reach, speed, brightness and image quality. Empowered by the larger Z mount, Nikon has reimagined this lens for today's high-performance mirrorless cameras. Lighter. Faster. Sharper. And with a brilliant trick up its sleeve: a built-in 1.4x teleconverter that transforms the lens into a powerful yet bright 840mm f/5.6 with the flip of a switch.
600mm. 840mm. Your call.
Without taking your eyes off your subject, breaking posture or even releasing the camera grip, engage the built-in teleconverter and instantly get 40% closer to your subject, 840mm f/5.6. No hurried gear changes. No loss of image quality or AF performance. No risk of missing the moment that matters.
Get even more reach
Stack an external teleconverter onto the rear of the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S lens and magnify your subject with no loss of image quality. Video creators can use the 2.3x Crop Mode and record 4K video from staggering distances.
Six specialized lens elements work together to prevent light dispersion and produce the sharpest, clearest images imaginable: Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and one Super ED glass elements, two lightweight Fluorite (FL) elements and a Short-wavelength Refractive (SR) element.
Striking subject isolation
The NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S produces beautiful, natural bokeh. When combined with the compression of 600mm, subjects take on a three-dimensional quality that adds drama and depth to your images.
Cut through glare
Nikon's Meso Amorphous Coat achieves the highest level of anti-reflection performance in NIKKOR history. Shoot into direct light with virtually no ghosting or flare. Nano Crystal Coat (N) prevents internal reflections and cross-lighting when shooting under the lights at sporting events.
Autofocus. Swift. Silent. Spot-on.
Using lag-reducing magnetic force, Nikon’s Silky Swift Voice Coil Motor (VCM) is able to move large lens elements with ultra-fast acceleration and the smoothest, quietest operation of any Nikon AF drive system. An absolute encoder (ABS) monitors the system's movements with 20X more precision and speed than conventional solutions for a new level of accuracy.
Powerful optical stabilization gives you the edge
Even the slightest camera shake can soften details. In-lens optical VR image stabilization counteracts vibrations from handheld shooting, panning, tripod movements, wind—anything—with an effect equivalent to shooting at a shutter speed up to 5.0 stops1 faster. When used on a camera with Synchro VR, the in-lens and in-camera VR systems work together and achieve an effect up to 5.5 stops2. SPORT Mode stabilizes the viewfinder image, making it easier to acquire and track fast-moving subjects.
Outstanding for video
In-lens Optical VR gives you a stable, sharp view while recording. Use the smooth focus ring to make gradual focus changes and the click-less control ring to make iris adjustments that create a natural shift in brightness without flickering. A powerful focus-breathing compensation function maintains a consistent angle-of-view as focus position moves, an effect that virtually eliminates focus breathing.
The NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S bears the S-Line designation, reserved for premium NIKKOR Z lenses with the most advanced optics, superior resolution, beautiful bokeh, robust weather sealing and precision design.
Built for hardworking pros
- 14.5% lighter - 550g lighter than the Nikon F-mount 600mm f/4 prime lens, even with the built-in teleconverter.
- Easy to hold - The center of gravity is at the tripod ring for smoother panning on monopods and tripods and more stable handheld shooting.
- Carry-on approved - Carefully designed to meet airline carry-on size requirements. Keep it safely with you—and out of checked baggage—when flying.
- Weather-sealed and rugged - Rubber gaskets keep dust, dirt and moisture out of all moving parts, including the mount. Magnesium alloy makes the lens barrel strong yet lightweight, and Nikon's non-stick Fluorine coat on the front element repels oil, moisture and smudges.
- No-look controls - Comfortably access the L-Fn1, L-Fn2 and Memory Set buttons, the Fn ring, control ring and focus ring and the teleconverter switch without breaking shooting posture or taking your eye off the viewfinder.
- Recall stored focus positions - Save a focus position with the Memory Set button. As your subject approaches the decisive moment, instantly snap back to that saved position by rotating the Fn ring—a comfortable, no-look action to ensure you land the shot.
|Without built-in teleconverter: 600mm
With built-in teleconverter: 840mm
|Without built-in teleconverter: f/4
With built-in teleconverter: f/5.6
|Without built-in teleconverter: f/32
With built-in teleconverter: f/45
|Yes, up to 5.5 stops
|46mm rear drop-in
|Minimum Focus Distance
|14.11' / 4.3 m from focal plane
|Maximum Magnification Ratio
|Without built-in teleconverter: 0.14
With built-in teleconverter: 0.2x
|26 Elements in 20 Groups
|Angle of View
|4° 10′ without built-in teleconverter
3° with built-in teleconverter
|Dimensions (Ø x L)
|6.5 x 17.2" / 165 x 437 mm
|7.2 lb / 3260 g