Nikon has announced the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens, a fast, standard prime, manual-focus lens for the Nikon Z mount system's full-frame FX-format mirrorless cameras.
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens is at the very top of the S-Line and fully equipped with the superior optical performance of NIKKOR Z lenses. The superior design flexibility is achieved with a large-diameter Z mount and 16 mm flange focal distance to an f/0.95 maximum aperture, deeming it the fastest in the history of Nikon lenses. The design has been enhanced from previous Nikon professional level designs with the ability to create sharp and clear imagery, with new design enhancements to create an outstanding optical performance. With incredible rendering performance concerning point-image reproduction characteristics, resolution, and bokeh effects, this lens maximizes characteristics with the f/0.95 maximum aperture.
- Nikon Z mount system optical performance with the fastest maximum aperture (f/0.95) in Nikon history
- Shallow depth of field and large and beautiful bokeh with a maximum aperture of f/0.95
- Outstanding resolution along the focal plane at any shooting distance from close-up to infinity, even at maximum aperture
- Unique spatial expression with ideal blur characteristics as the degree of bokeh transitions smoothly and naturally with increasing distance from the focal plane
- Incredible point-image reproduction characteristics that render point light sources as point images, making sharp and clear night landscapes and starscapes possible, even at maximum aperture
- Adoption of large-diameter ground aspherical lens elements made of glass with a high refractive index enables powerful, yet extremely precise, aberration correction
- The use of two of Nikon's exclusive anti-reflection coatings, ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat, effectively suppresses ghost and flare
- Control and focus rings that rotate smoothly and quietly, and with the proper torque, for optimal operability with still-image and movie recording
- A convenient L-Fn (lens function) button to which a variety of functions can be assigned
- Equipped with a lens info panel that can be used even in dark surroundings to confirm information such as aperture value, shooting distance, and depth of field without looking through the camera's viewfinder
- Designed with consideration given to dust- and drip-resistance, featuring a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables extremely precise aperture control
- A felt-lined lens hood (supplied) effectively reduces reflections off the inner surface of the hood