LEICA Wide Angle Zoom
Designed to shine even under adverse weather conditions, this wide angle combines nimble mobility with legendary LEICA Lens performance. From ultra-wide-angle 8mm landscapes through 18mm in close-in spaces, the corner-to-corner clarity of this LEICA DG lens expresses every detail, even in low light [F2.8-4.0]. And it accommodates 67mm filters for greater creativity in both photos and videos.
The Ultimate in Optics
With a LEICA DG Lens you shoot with the ultimate in optical quality and performance. Each lens meets and exceeds the strict quality standards set by Leica Camera AG. Thanks to the sophisticated, pro-level design of these lenses, distortion is minimized to render brilliant, edge-to-edge clarity and detail in all your images.
Defy the Elements
With its splash/dust/freezeproof construction*, this durable lens is also tough enough to withstand heavy field use in nearly any weather or location. The system inside is protected from sand, rain and temperature. Now there's nothing holding you back from capturing the creative nature, landscape and other shots you want.
*The lens supports this feature in conjunction with splash/dust/freezeproof LUMIX cameras.
With the H-E08018 lens you will experience smooth aperture changes without sudden jumps in exposure during video capture, its silent design delivers enhanced audio capture in any scene. Just as reliably, its stunning AF performance records excellent 4K video, where precise focusing is especially essential.
Reduce unwanted ghosting and flaring for clarity with the Panasonic’s Nano Surface Coating. Developed by Panasonic, this ultra-thin coating reduces bothersome reflections across the entire light spectrum. The result: Crystal-clear pictures even when shooting a light source in the dark.
The Inside StoryThe exceptional H-E08018 lens is comprised of 15 elements in 10 groups:
The Aspherical (ASPH) Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lens helps reduce size and weight, for high-resolution, high-contrast images from corner to corner. ASPH lenses also reduce size and weight, effectively preventing spherical and distortion aberration.
ED lenses correct chromatic aberration rendering sharp, high-contrast images with clear colors from corner to corner.
An Ultra-High Refractive Index (UHR) lens improves optical performance, reduces size and weight and achieves uniform image quality from the center to the edges of the image.
- Lens Construction 15 elements in 10 groups (1 aspherical ED lens, 3 aspherical lenses, 2 ED lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Nano Surface Coating Yes
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer No
- Focal Length f=8-18mm (35mm camera equivalent 16-36mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture F2.8 (Wide) - F4.0 (Tele)
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.23m / 0.75ft
- Maximum Magnification Approx. 0.12x / 0.24x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View107°(Wide) - 62°(Tele)
- Weatherproof Splash/Dust/Freezeproof
- Filter Size φ67mm
- Max. Diameter φ73.4mm / 2.89inch
- Overall Length Approx. 88mm / 3.46inch (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight Approx. 315g / 11.1oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Standard Accessories Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood, Lens storage bag