645 E. South Temple,
Salt Lake City,
The 2016 holiday edition of Portraits for a Better Beehive will take place at City Home COLLECTIVE on Sunday, November 13th, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Proceeds will be donated two Utah nonprofits, the Utah Food Bank and Candy Cane Corner.
Austen Diamond launched Portraits for a Better Beehive in 2015 as a way utilize his art for the greater good. Portraits for a Better Beehive is a pop-up photo studio whose proceeds benefit Utah nonprofits; it’s an opportunity to give back, while also getting a photo for yourself. Each pop-up studio is held at a different location, with a different theme, for a different nonprofit. After three such fundraisers, the community has raised more than $1,000 for Utah nonprofits.
More information about the charities:
Utah Food Bank // Founded in 1904, Utah Food Bank has operated under various names but has always remained true to our mission of Fighting Hunger Statewide. Last year, we distributed more than 31 million meals last year to the 423,000 Utahns, who are unsure where their next meal will come from. Even more alarming is that 1 in 5 Utah kids are unsure where their next meal is coming from. Visit utahfoodbank.org to find out how you can help.
Candy Cane Corner // A holiday store that provides a dignified and empowering opportunity for low-income families and individuals who are participating in programs at the YWCA Utah, The Road Home, and Volunteers of America, Utah to select new holiday gifts for their families. Find out more by visiting candycanecornerslc.org
How the instant film photo booth will work:
- Visit cityhomeCOLLECTIVE on Sunday, November 13th, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. No appointment necessary—just show up.
- Each instant film photo booth print is $25, and the proceeds will be split between the Utah Food Bank and Candy Cane Corner.
- Worried that you’ll have to wait in line forever? Pledge to pay an additional $15, contact Austen with your preferred time, and you can skip to the front of the line when you arrive!
- "Like" Austen Diamond Photography on Facebook or Instagram.
- Pay with cash, check, or credit card
- Get dressed up with holiday-themed props at the shoot (or bring your own), and plan for your shoot to take 5 minutes.
- After Austen takes your instant film photograph, wait 90 seconds for your print to develop.
- Your print will be scanned and emailed to you immediately, so you have a digital image that you can post on social media or use for your holiday cards