- Fixed 50mm mid-range telephoto focal length (35mm format equivalent: 75mm)
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- Smooth, quiet lens operation is ideal for movies as well as stills
- Compact, lightweight mid-range telephoto prime with elegant aluminum alloy exterior
- Direct Manual Focus for precision focusing
Bright, high-performance portrait lens
This 50mm mid range telephoto lens offers a focal length that is perfect for portraiture and a range of other subjects, a bright F1.8 maximum aperture, Optical SteadyShot (OSS) image stabilization and impressive image quality, all in a surprisingly compact and lightweight package. Add responsive, quiet autofocus and aperture operation, and you have a lens that is ideally suited to shooting movies as well as stills.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization within the lens provides smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Fast, agile focusing
The internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing, or bokeh.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimize distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and color fidelity.