Sat, Sun, Tues
May 19, 20, 22
see schedule below
2600 Sunnyside Ave S,
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Become a better wildlife photographer in this three-part photography class.
Join professional wildlife photographer, Howie Garber, for this three-part zoo photography course. This multi-day class will be limited to 12 individuals and includes exclusive photo time at the Zoo. Howie has won top honors in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Contest on four separate occasions. His clients have included Nikon, Patagonia, Audubon, and National Geographic.
Howie’s book, Adventures in Fine Art Photography, Vol 1, won 2015 Blurb Books Grand Prize for Fine Art book of the Year.
3 Days of Instruction:
COST - $375 per person for all three days Call 801-584-1714 with questions.
1. Saturday, May 19th, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm • Classroom instruction on tips and tricks of wildlife photography and helping participants understand their camera. Howie tries to get familiar with participants equipment before the class.
2. Sunday, May 20, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm • After-hours photographing of wildlife at the Zoo.
3. Tuesday, May 22, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm • Post production software demonstration. View and critique participant’s photographs.
- Class is limited to 12 participants. For ages 14 and above.
- A tripod is strongly recommended.
- Bring your camera instruction manual.
"I loved that Howie contacted us asking for our interests before the course. He also took the time to help me purchase a camera. His teaching style is unusual but ultimately effective. It felt like a genuine discovery process and not only a set of technical skills and this was seemingly intentional. This was a good way to communicate the intangible motivations, the love and awe of nature, etc. and focus on the experience decreasing the anxiety of those of us who are just beginning……” -Albert Montoya, family physician
"Howie is a great teacher and I was able to learn more from this class than from six months of experience in the field! What I loved most about this course was the manner in which he teaches...no question is off limits! From the very novice, just trying to learn the basics, to the more experienced, he treats every question as important. He makes the student comfortable in this environment, and thus facilitates the learning process."-Sarah Brummel
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES:
After registration is confirmed, Utah's Hogle Zoo adheres to a no-refund, no-credit, no-substitution policy. If you are unable to attend, please consider your payment a tax-deductible donation.