Canon has announced that a new firmware update – Version 1.2.4 – for its flagship EOS-1D X DSLR is now available for download. Details of the exact firmware fixes and improvements are shown below:
EOS-1D X Firmware Version 1.2.4
Firmware Version 1.2.4 incorporates the following functional improvements and fixes:
- Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
- Reduces the time it takes to display the metering result on the LCD or Viewfinder when the meter has been activated.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a ‘Caution 02’ message is unnecessarily recorded in the camera status log.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which continuous shooting pauses when using a Canon Speedlite.
- Fixes a phenomenon, when the GP-E1 is attached, which causes the GPS device settings to be reset to default when the camera has been powered off.
EOS-1D X Firmware Version 1.2.4 is available to download – please click here, then enter your country and camera details and select the firmware option to download the firmware. Firmware Version 1.2.4 is for cameras with firmware version 1.2.1 or earlier. If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Please remember to read all of the instructions carefully before downloading the firmware.