• Compact DX-format zoom lens with High Refractive Index lens element, ED
glass and VR II image stabilization
Expanded photo and video opportunities that’s designed to bring the action closer to
• 5.5X Telephoto Zoom lens
Ideal for capturing distant subjects at athletic events, family pictures, dramatic
sunsets, travel and more. Angle of view equivalent to a focal length of 82.5 to
450mm in FX/35mm format D-SLR.
• Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables
handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible,
assuring dramatically sharper still images
and video capture.
• Tripod Detection Mode
Reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
• HRI (High Refractive Index) Lens Element
HRI lens element is essential to keeping the lens compact while offering high
contrast even at maximum aperture.
• 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
Effectively minimizes chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
• Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
• Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and
• Minimum focus distance to 4.6 feet at all focal lengths
• Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.