The classic 50mm Normal/Standard lens, delivering a picture angle approximating normal vision when used with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras, has been reborn. Now featuring AF-S focusing and even more refined optical performance, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G teams perfectly with the low noise, high ISO sensitivity performance of Nikon D-SLRs. Thanks to a built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM), autofocusing is quiet and fast. A newly developed optical formula effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and coma aberration, delivering astonishing image quality. When used on a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the new Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G provides an ideal portrait picture angle, approximating that of a 75mm lens when mounted on an FX-format D-SLR.
Steadily increasing numbers of Nikon digital SLR photographers are learning about the benefits of compact, lightweight and fast-aperture prime lenses that can expand their photographic vision—and this new AF-S NIKKOR lens is sure to excite your customers.
• Fast f/1.8, compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) lens - Optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but is equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR.
• Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
• Aspherical Lens Element - Virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
• Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
• M/A Focus Mode Switch - Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
• Close focusing to 1.48 feet - For extended versatility
• Rounded 7 Blade Diaphragm - Renders more natural background blur (Bokeh).