Mother’s Day may be right around the corner, but you still have time to find that perfect gift for your favorite photographer. Whether she’s your mom, the mother of your kids, or even the best dog mom you’ve ever met, you won’t go wrong with a purchase from pictureline.
There’s no better gift for your favorite gal than brand-new gear. If she’s been stuck at home, now’s the perfect time to practice some portrait photography—on the kids, the pets, even you.
- The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G lens features a fast maximum aperture that’s great for everyday shooting, even in low-light conditions. The 50mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective, and Nikon’s proprietary lens coatings enhance light transmission efficiency while reducing flare and increasing color consistency.
- Lightweight and compact, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is a perfect all-around prime lens for portraits, action shots—even nighttime photography. A bright maximum aperture excels in low light but also captures crystal-clear imagery with a beautiful background blur.
- The Sony FE 50mm f/1.8 lens features an innovative optical design that helps it achieve clear, high-quality imagery by effectively minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration. A double-gauss configuration suppresses field curvature and distortion, while a precisely placed aspherical element ensures sharp detail from edge to edge.
- And there’s really no better time for a good spring cleaning—even for gear she’s already got! Our equipment experts can provide sensor cleaning services and lens calibrations to ensure she stays shooting. Visit our website for a full list of services, or call our store at 801-364-2400 to arrange for drop-off and curbside pick-up.
If the photo mom on your list is looking for a way to transport gear and keep it secure, we’ve got plenty of options to suit every taste.
- For a limited time, our entire inventory of ONA bags and camera straps are on sale! From weather-resistant wax canvas packs, slings and totes to luxurious full-leather messenger bags with solid-brass hardware, ONA bags feature spacious interiors with customizable dividers, removable shoulder straps, and storage options for additional accessories or other personal items.
- For something truly unique, consider a Rose Anvil camera harness. These beautifully designed leather straps feature seamless back shoulder pieces designed to help eliminate pressure and pain points that can often develop after a long day of shooting. Hip anchors keep cameras safe and secure at the waist when not in use. Available in a variety of colors.
For the stay-at-home photographer, we’ve got plenty of ways she can spruce up her studio.
- Compatible with Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras, Profoto A1 flashes can be configured for either on- or off-camera use. These flashes deliver beautiful, natural light with a soft, smooth falloff. They’re easy to use, feature superfast recycling and a long-lasting battery. Separate accessories snap on and off quickly and easily, and can also be stacked for more creative lighting options.
- For photographing food, jewelry, or creative still-life shots, try a Foldio Product Studio from OrangeMonkie. This foldable backdrop features a magnetic structure and simple assembly, and can easily be transported. Separate additional lighting and accessories are available to expand the studio’s capabilities.
- Available in a wide variety of colors, finishes and sizes, seamless background paper from Superior Specialties is ideal for setting up a home studio. This heavy-duty paper resists wrinkles and creases and is perfect for portraits or other displays.
And for the photographer who has everything—or if she just knows exactly what she wants—there’s always a pictureline gift card. Available in any amount, you’ll help make sure this Mother’s Day is one she’ll always remember—and for all the right reasons.