Syrp Genie - Firmware Update
A new firmware update is now available for the Syrp Genie. While this update is mostly for maintenance purposes, we recommend updating the firmware to the latest version even if your Genie is functioning perfectly. If you find any problems with this release, please report it to our team by emailing email@example.com to help refine the firmware for future updates.
New features will be introduced shortly, so keep an eye out for future updates and improvements. We're always excited to see what you've been shooting with Syrp products, so be sure to keep sharing your films!
- Improved Genie to Genie Mini sync connection reliability, especially when using the Syrp Genie App
- Fix to bounce back mode freezing in certain situations
- Saved preset window now displays the correct linear distance.
- Added support in anticipation of the release of the Syrp Slingshot, including new Slingshot specific presets.
*Please note that the download is a .zip file. You must unzip the file to reveal the firmware (.bin). Please follow the included instructions for installation.
- Do not use hard drives or other external USB devices to load the firmware.
- Some USB keys draw too much power to correctly function, it may be required to try multiple USB keys.
- Do not load the .zip file onto the USB key. You must unzip the folder and load only the .bin file onto a blank USB key.
- USB 3.0 Keys, or any key over 16GB will not work.
- The USB flash drive must be formatted to FAT32.
- If the red indicator light around the OK button stays solid red or is continuously flashing, then the firmware has not correctly installed. Power off the device and try again. Consider trying a different USB drive.
- Updating the firmware on your Genie will also reset the Genie to factory defaults. This means it will delete all of your saved presets, so if you wish to keep them, please note them down before updating.