57 South 600 East,
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Cameras are becoming complicated these days. Camera companies are suffering from an illness called 'feature creep.' Feature creep is when features get added each year. Each feature is a good thing but the result is a very complicated device.
In this workshop, we will teach you the key functions that you need to know to operate your camera! We'll also focus on a few important concepts that will give you ALL of the knowledge you'll need to be a professional photographer. You'll leave this workshop knowing all you need to know to use your camera in MANUAL mode.
We offer this workshop because we want to empower the public to be able to pursue photography as a hobby or profession. This workshop will give you a solid foundation to make the camera do exactly what you want.
We recommend that you attend this workshop prior to coming to other workshops to ensure that you know the basics of how to operate your camera.
- 3:00-3:30: How does a camera function?
- Learn what's happening in a lens and the camera body to capture an image.
- 3:30-3:45: RAW vs. JPEG
- You should shoot in RAW and I'll show you why.
- 3:45-4:00 What's the correct way to focus?
- There are some important principles for you to understand to focus accurately.
- 4:00-4:15: What's exposure?
- Learn what contributes to an image's exposure.
- Histogram basics.
- 4:15-6:15: Basic explanations of the three key principles that you must understand.
- Shutter speed.
- How do you choose settings? How do you change settings quickly?
- 6:15-6:30: The three MODES you should use:
- M: Manual
- Tv(S): Shutter Priority
- Av(A): Aperture Priority
- 6:30-7:00: What camera/lens/light should I buy?
- DSLR or mirrorless?
- My recommendation on which lens(s) you should buy.