Lensbaby Edge 80 Optic
The Lensbaby Edge 80 Optic is an 80mm flat field of focus optic with a 12-blade adjustable aperture. Compatible with all Lensbaby lens bodies including the Composer Pro, the Edge 80 Optic, when tilted, delivers a slice of tack sharp focus through the image, bordered by a soft blur. When pointed straight ahead the Edge 80 can be used just like a high-quality straight lens. When tilted, the size of that slice of focus depends upon the aperture used, and the placement of the slice of focus depends upon the degree and direction of tilt.
Rotating the aperture dial on the front of the lens changes between apertures from f/2.8 through f/22. The Edge 80 also features a special close-focus function. Photographers can extend the front of the optic to focus as close as 17” away from their subject. The Edge 80 Optic is part of the Lensbaby Optic Swap™ System.
- Focal Length: 80mm
- 12-blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Aperture range from f/2.8 through f/22
- Flat field of focus optic (when tilted, creates a slice of sharp focus, bordered by blur)
- Compatible with Lensbaby Composer Pro, Composer, Muse, Scout and Control Freak lens bodies
- Minimum focusing distance: approximately 17” when the optic is extended forward in macro mode and fully tilted.
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- 5 multi-coated glass elements, in four groups
- 46mm front threads