- Event fee refunded as a gift card after the event!
When composing an image, lighting is everything. How you light your subject will truly dictate the intended narrative in your photo. But what if we go a little further than just that. Join commercial photographer Jonathan Thorpe at pictureline as he shows you how to “illuminate” your photos, and how lighting can create both a repeatable style in your own photography, as well as cutting down on editing, so less time is spent in front of the computer and more time is spent behind the camera.
Reserve your seat for this special presentation. Seats are limited and reservation will be on first come first serve basis. Jonathan will begin at 6:30pm and will wrap at 8pm.Event cost will be refunded as a gift card after the lecture!
You will walk away with these discoveries:
- Why illuminate vs just lighting a scene?
- Learn the biggest benefits to using lighting, some you may not have thought of
- How lighting can be a practical element in your own photography and sets
- Learn how lighting can drastically cut down your editing time be using it in a way that encourages a better result, especially when it comes to skin retouching
- Learn why Jonathan says “lighting controls the mood” in photography
Where: Pictureline 305 W 700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Get to Know Jonathan Thorpe:
Since switching to photography in 2008 from a profession in optometry, Jonathan shoots full-time nationally and locally in his home in Washington D.C. He is currently a Tamron Image Master, Westcott Top Pro, Rangefinder magazine people choice award winner and Holdfast Gear Ambassador and is represented by M Represents.
Alongside his photography, Jonathan teaches and lectures around the world helping other photographers grow confident in their careers and forays into photography. When not shooting with clients, Jonathan enjoys building and riding his motorcycle, skating with his friends, and doing personal projects to keep his creativity sharp.