The Nikon 45mm f/2.8D ED PC-E Nikkor Lens features a tilt/shift mechanism that provides extraordinary control over the relationship between the optical axis of the lens and the image plane, thereby enabling Perspective Control. This function proves particularly valuable for specialized professional users such as architecture and product photographers.
Note: "PC" in the lens name stands for Perspective Control.
Perspective control with tilt/shift function
All PC-E NIKKOR lens with Perspective Control capability incorporate a special tilt/shift mechanism. The shift mechanism enables the lens to be moved parallel to the image plane, so that subjects such as a tall building can be captured faithfully, without the upper part appearing to tilt backward and become thinner. The tilt mechanism changes the orthogonal relationship between the optical axis of the lens and the image plane, allowing you to control the focused area. In landscape photography, you can achieve a focus throughout the entire subject plane from near to distant. You can also achieve focus on a specific part of the subject for emphasis. In actual shooting situations, the shift and tilt mechanisms are used together to adjust perspective, distortion of the subject, and focus area.
- PC-E 45mm Micro, providing a standard angle of view
- Close-up shooting at up to 1/2x reproduction ratio
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghosting and flare
- PC-E 45mm features an ED glass element, delivering high-resolution and even more vivid image quality
- Electromagnetic diaphragm provides auto aperture control when used with D3, D700 and D300 digital SLR cameras
- Wide tilt and shift range enables agile hand-held tilt/shift photography—a handling characteristic that is virtually impossible with large-format view cameras
- Wide shifting range of ±11.5mm, with a tilting range of ±8.5°
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm for rounded, natural blur
- High optical performance not only for tilt/shift photography but also for general shooting
- Dust and moisture-resistant for reliable use even in harsh shooting situations