- Constant f/2.8 aperture
- Aspherical and ED lens elements improve image quality
- Ultra wide edge to edge sharpness
- Two DDSSM motors for fast, precise autofocus
Explore the world in wide-angle detail
G Master performance in a wide-angle F2.8 16–35 mm zoom offers a wealth of opportunity to capture subjects in creative new ways. No matter what zoom setting or focus distance you shoot at, this lens delivers consistently superb resolution from corner to corner, with stunning background bokeh when required. A compact, lightweight design makes it manageable for active shooting.
High corner-to-corner resolution
Uncompromised optical design achieves extremely high corner-to-corner resolution and contrast for landscape, architecture, and other expansive subjects.
Gorgeous background bokeh
Shoot close at F2.8 to capture sharp subjects with dynamic, painterly backgrounds consisting of delightfully smooth bokeh.
A perfect balance of resolution and bokeh
An advanced optical design that includes two Sony XA (extreme aspherical) elements achieves outstanding resolution, low distortion, and smooth, beautiful bokeh.
Light and compact for high mobility
Class-leading size and weight reductions make this 680-gram lens an ideal match for compact E-mount bodies, providing an eminently portable, easily manageable system.
- Premium G Master Series wide-angle zoom lens and smooth bokeh
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements for outstanding resolution
- Circular 11-blade aperture for beautiful defocus effects
- Sony Nano AR Coating to eliminate flare and ghosting
- Dust and moisture-resistant design
|Lens Format||Full Frame|
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.92 ft (0.28 m)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||0.19x|
|Lens Construction||16 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View||107°–63°|
|Dimensions (Ø x L)||3.48 x 4.79" / 88.5 x 121.6 mm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 680 g|