Canon has released a new firmware update for the EOS Rebel XTi
Firmware specification changes
This firmware update (Version 1.1.1) incorporates the following fixes and improvements.
- Adds detailed information about three new lenses.
- Polish has been added as a new display language in the menu screens.
The Version 1.1.1 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
A power failure during the firmware writing operation may disable the camera.
- Use a fully charged Battery Pack or dedicated AC Adapter Kit (Optional) ACK-DC20 for the firmware update.
- Do not shut off the power during the firmware writing operation.
- Do not open the CF card slot cover during the firmware writing operation.
Do not press any camera buttons during the firmware writing operation.