Leica has announced an M9 Fireware Update Version 1.162 for the following improvements:
1. Camera Performance:
- Improvement of the sensor homogeneity for wide-angle lenses. There is an additional colour calibration for all wide-angle lenses, that minimizes chromatic deviations between image centre and image corner, especially in critical shooting situations.
- Optimization of internal processes. To assure the general system stability, internal software processes have been optimized.
2. Bug fixes:
- Improvements in Italian translations
Click here to link to the M9 Firmware Update 1.162
Instructions for updating the LEICA M9 Firmware
- Format an SD memory card in your LEICA M9.
- Turn off the camera and insert the card into an SD card reader – either integrated or connected to your computer. (A reader is required for Firmware updates).
- Download the Firmware file from the Leica M9 site using the "UPDATES" link and unzip the file.
- Save the unzipped file m9-1_162.upd at the top level of the card’s folder structure.
- Remove the card properly from your card reader, insert the card into the camera and close the bottom cover.
- Turn on the camera using the main switch and wait for at least 3 seconds before continuing with step 7.
- Confirm the prompt that appears in the monitor as to whether you want to update the firmware on the camera to version 1.162. The update process takes around 180s. You will then be prompted to restart the camera using the main switch.
- Turn the camera off and back on again.
· If the battery does not have sufficient charge, you will see a corresponding warning message.
· If you update the firmware on your M9, the camera will be set back to the default settings.
This also applies to the folder and file numbers.