From having clients and assistants on set to not being directly next to your tethered laptop, there are plenty of reasons why a photographer may want to add an iPad or tablet into their tethered workflow to view images on the fly.
Using Lightroom CC and Lightroom Mobile you can shoot tethered to Lightroom and have your shots automatically sync to Lightroom Mobile via Creative Sync and those shots will be on all your devices as well as the web simultaneously. The same technique can also be achieved using Capture One Pro and the Capture One Pilot app.
Advantages of this setup:
- Can be easily incorporated into how you’re already shooting tethered
- View images as they come in full-screen mode
- Clients not on location can sign on remotely to view and rate images in real-time
Setting up Lightroom Mobile and Connecting a Tablet or iPad
Once you start shooting your photos will go to a folder on the hard drive of your laptop, and also be automatically added to the new Collection, which in turn will sync to Lightroom Mobile. Any iPad or tablet that is running Lightroom Mobile will be able to view the photos, including anyone logged onto the web version of your collection at lightroom.adobe.com.
- Connect your camera to your laptop or computer using a TetherPro USB Cable
- Launch Lightroom, and select Tether Capture, then Start Tethered Capture
- Under Destination, select Add to Collection
- Select Create Collection to create your new Collection
- Select the Sync with Lightroom Mobile
- Watch below from Adobe Photography Evangelist Terry White to see him share this setup, as well as a bonus tip at the end of the video!
Original article can be found here.