Supercharge Your Moviemaking
Whether using the pre-installed version or an upgraded version of the current model, the new Canon Log^ feature enables the EOS 5D Mark IV camera to record 4K and HD video files with expansive dynamic range and wide exposure latitude, making it simple to coordinate color settings with other Canon cameras in multi-camera set-ups. It’s ideally suited for extensive post-production processing.
Canon Log helps record images for post-processing that feature a wide dynamic range. Captured 4K and Full HD video files feature suppressed contrast and sharpness and increased dynamic range of up to 800% or 12 stops (at ISO 400 or above). This means more detail in the highlights, enhanced details in the shadows, and because of its balanced image quality – the flexibility to work with color saturation and tone to create a specific look, or to match other recorded media. A View Assist setting provides a preview on the LCD monitor of how an image may look with post-processing characteristics.
Wedding and portrait photographers, nature and landscape shooters, as well as creative videographers will appreciate the brilliance and power that the EOS 5D Mark IV delivers. Superb image quality is achieved with Canon's all-new 30.4 Megapixel full-frame sensor, and highly-detailed 4K video is captured with ease. Focus accuracy has been improved with a refined 61-point AF system and Canon's revolutionary Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth AF for both video and Live View shooting. Fast operation is enhanced with Canon's DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, which provides continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps*. Built-in Wi-Fi®**, GPS*** and an easy-to-navigate touch-panel LCD allow the camera to become an extension of you. When quality matters, the EOS 5D Mark IV helps deliver results to inspire even the most discerning imagemaker.
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting
- LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
Excellent performance - up tp 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during shooting JPEG and Diffraction Correction technologies.
Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.
FIRMWARE UPDATE VERSION 1.0.4