We are pleased to announce intelligent flight modes in the DJI GO app – now available for the Phantom 3 series and Inspire 1 to bring you easier, more intelligent flight. You can focus solely on camera control while your aircraft remains in steady, controlled flight.
- Follow Me - Capture your every move from a unique aerial perspective when your aircraft is set to automatically follow its controlling app.
- Course Lock - This easy navigation allows you to fly in a set direction alongside moving objects or across scenes.
- Waypoints - Set multiple GPS points, or waypoints, and your aircraft will automatically fly to them while you focus on controlling the camera.
- Home Lock - Set your controls to be relative to a Home Point. Easily pull back on the control stick to bring the aircraft home, or push forward to fly farther away, independent of which way it is facing.
- Point of Interest - Set a specific location, object, or building as your Point of Interest, and the aircraft will continuously circle around it while you record perfect video and imaging.
[videojs mp4="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0750/1017/files/wp_phantom3poi.mp4" width="650" height="365" autoplay="true" loop="true"]
DJI Phantom 3 demonstrating NEW Point of Interest flight mode at pictureline.
Intelligent flight modes for the Phantom 3 series and Inspire 1 are just a firmware update away. Simply visit your product’s download page at dji.com, download and install the latest firmware and update the DJI GO app to the latest version.
With this firmware update, the Phantom 3 Advanced will also be upgraded to support 2.7K video recording.
The GO App is now full of incredible, easy-to-use features:
Control The Camera
Take pictures, record video, and control camera tilt and settings, all based on your app’s needs.
Access Real-Time Footage
Record and analyze your Phantom 3’s live HD video stream. Use this real-time visual information to make your app more powerful and useful.
Gather Flight Data
Full flight telemetry, including the Phantom 3’s live altitude, speed, distance, and more, is available to your app.
Program your Phantom 3 to act as your own personal, flying film crew.
Set waypoints and assign automatic actions for your aircraft to follow.
Point of Interest
Select a location or object to focus on, and the Phantom 3 will continuously face it, no matter how you fly.