While Fuji X-Series cameras may exude that retro charm and nostalgic feel, the technology inside the latest X-Series addition, the Fujifilm X-T1, is far from dated. The new Fujifilm X-T1 is a weather-resistant premium interchangelable lens camera that takes us back to the very essence of photography with its manual shutter speed, exposure compensations, ISO sensitivity, and metering dials. Yet, the Fujifilm X-T1 now gives photographers the power of the X-Series in a water, dust, and temperature resistant body that takes on the great outdoors like never before. Here are five key features that we just love about the new Fujifilm X-T1.
1. OLED Viewfinder Perfection for the Fujifilm X-T1
With a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) that delivers a near-instant image preview, the latest generation of the Fujifilm X-T1 boasts:
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder, which is the highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x.
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°) in ultra fast real time with a lag-time of 0.005 second (less than 1/10 of existing models).
- Graphic User Interface that includes cutting-edge technology to bring photographers even closer to their subjects to provide an exciting shooting experience with clear details and a comfortable at-a-glance view of your settings.
- Four OLED EVF Display Modes:
- Full Mode: Takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1's viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene.
- Normal Mode: Provides an optimum view, including shooting settings.
- Dual Mode: Specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. The regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split Image or Focus Peak Highlight).
- Portrait Mode: View in Normal and Full modes automatically rotates the displayed information when the camera is held vertically.
2. 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor & EXR Processor II
The Fujifilm X-T1 uses the award-wining EXR Processor II and X-Trans™ CMOS IISensor. The built-in phase detection of the Fujifilm X-T1 delivers astonishing response times including:
- World’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
In addition, the Fujifilm X-T1 is the first-ever CSC to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards for data writing speed (in Continuous Mode) that is approximately twice that of a conventional SD card.
3. Traditional Handling, Modern Response with the Fujifilm X-T1
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials; one on the front and one on the rear, and six fully customizable function buttons, the Fujifilm X-T1 feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand.
- Top-Plate: Includes two machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed and metering, and the ISO sensitivity and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm confirmation when setting up a shot.
- X-T1 Settings: With their exposure values clearly marked, the Fujifilm X-T1’s settings can be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
- Function Buttons & Command Dials: The six customizable function buttons and two command dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring instant setting satisfaction.
4. Weather Resistant
The Fujifilm X-T1 is the first weather-resistant X-Series CSC (when used with a weather-resistant lens) that performs in a wide range of challenging environments. The Fujifilm X-T1 features:
- More than 75 points of weather sealing
- Dust-resistant camera body
- Water-resistant camera body
- Freezeproof to -14°F
- Premium clear 3” LCD screen with 1.04 million dot resolution is made of tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
- Additional grip and weather resistant lenses including:
- Optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) with the same hardy structure as the X-T1, so when added to the body, it is completely secured against the elements.
- Three weather-resistant zoom lenses:
- XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR
- XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR
- XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR
5. WiFi and Remote Camera Operation for the Fujifilm X-T1
The Fujifilm X-T1 one-touch WiFi connectivity lets you easily share images to your smartphone or tablet– pictures that these devices cannot capture via the Fujifilm Camera Remote app. The Camera Remote app allows:
- Remote control shooting via smartphone or tablet
- Image transfer